Sunday, September 9, 2012

Will Run for Color


 So here is today's shirt. Pristine and clean. Ready for a 5K.

This isn't your average 5K.

Meghan, her son and I got out bright and early and headed to the National Harbor for a little color fun.

 Things started out innocently enough.
 Everyone was looking rather pristine and angelic by the water.








 I even had a little fun and gave myself a color run themed manicure.




We started lining up. All 6,000 of us.

And then the fun began...



 Each kilometer the runners and walkers were pleasantly dusted with a colored corn starch solution












I didn't run for very much of this 5k. My hip is still giving me a lot of trouble so I ended up hobbling through this one. I'm going to be headed to the doctor sometime this week. But if anyone were to walk 3.1 miles, this would be the race to do so. No one was in a hurry.
They don't call it the happiest 5k on the planet for nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment