Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Charm

They say the third time's the charm right?

Well after trying and failing at this workout twice, I finally was able to complete it today. I was slow as a turtle but that doesn't matter because I ran the whole time! We even made it all the way out to Hamilton, VA today. Don't belive me?

 Here's proof. Its approximately 2.3 miles from my apartment. I'm pretty proud of me.

Today's itinerary:
  • Run 10 minutes
  • Walk 5 minutes
  • Run 10 minutes
The next workout is almost the same so I'm really hoping I can finish it on the first try. The only difference is a shorter walking interval.

In other news, I've signed myself up for my next 5K race! June 24th I'll be running in the Naked Foot 5K. Its all about the minimalist running movement which I'm not totally into but I thought it would still be fun to see half the people running barefoot. Shoes are totally optional but I think I'd rather run with my tootsies covered. CLICK THIS TO LEARN MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment