Sunday, December 16, 2012

Runch

This morning I attended a Runch. A run followed by brunch at =PR= in Ashburn. I loved being able to run with my old running group again! Even if I'm slower than slow at this point. But I'm really glad I went because of the bit of free swag I got.


Free reflective jacket courtesy of Brooks Running! Its really exactly what I need for my night runs.I no longer will have to worry about being visible to traffic as I run.



Of course that meant that our running group was rather bright out on the trail on this gray morning. I may have been one of the last one out there but I'm almost cirtian that no one went as far as I did today. I ran 9.25 miles in 2:23:23. Pace of 15:30! I'm very pleased with myself. And the best thing is that this evening, I'm able to walk.

I was incredibly nervous for this run because the last time I attempted a 9 mile run I wasn't able to walk right for two whole months. So today I took it very slow, no shame in walking. But I am still pleased with my pace because it's well under the 16:00 minute requirement.

I also picked up a little something for my plantar fascitis.



They're a set of wooden massage balls that come in different sizes.

They were cheap ($10) and very easy to use. I'm hoping to get rid of this minor pain before it starts getting worse.

With Disney quickly approaching, I have laid out what I feel is a good training program for myself given my short time span.

Next weekend's long run: 11 miles
week after that: 13 miles
next week: (taper period) 6 miles
week after that: DISNEY 13.1



No comments:

Post a Comment