Saturday, November 10, 2012

Bordering Bare

Today I ran a mile. This is pretty important for many reasons.

  1. I haven't been able to run a mile for months. And I find it awesome that I did.
  2. I did it nearly naked.
That's right folks. I ran today's mile nearly naked, bordering bare, essentially exposed, virtually vulnerable.   And I looked fabulous doing it.

As nearly naked as I felt, I really wasn't as naked as some brave souls bared today.

Most of the men were fairly close to nude.

Because this was only a mile race, runners were separated into different waves by expected running times. Needless to say, my cousin and I ran in the last wave.


Here we are waiting patently for our time.

The goal of today's race was to raise money for the Medstar Burn Center in Reston. The run was all about feeling comfortable in your own skin while freezing your bums off. Although Mother Nature decided we were going to have a fairly warm run, we did get a chance to feel comfortable being ourselves. I loved this group of guys who decided to paint the word "insecurity" across their chests.



We got lined up for our nice slow group and I have to say I'm fairly proud of my results. I ran the entire mile (no walking!) in 12:21. That's pretty impressive considering I could barely walk a few weeks ago.

Afterwards we celebrated with free booze and pizza from a pizza place appropriately named Naked Pizza.

Now I know dear readers you're begining to wonder.... What does the newest free shirt look like?

Well, I didn't get a shirt. :(

I got a pair of the worlds smallest boxer shorts. :)

They even have a picture of a naked fireman on them!

We also helped collect clothes to donate to the burn center.



And as always, =PR= photographers always seem to catch me at my best and I will share with you all my running shot.

That's genuine nearly naked happiness right there guys.


3 comments:

  1. Love your blog post! Good for you! I ran today with my family and had a blast as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! I saw you out there and loved your outfit! :-) Way to rock the mile!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for all the love and support! It was really awesome considering what I came from even a month ago. I wasn't able to even walk straight. I'm really proud.

    Great job to you guys as well!

    ReplyDelete