Sunday, November 25, 2012

Let's Start Adding Some Miles

T-minus 45 days until the Walt Disney World Half Marathon!

With that in mind I've started trying to gain back some of the mileage I've lost. Meghan and I went out on the trail for 4 miles today. I haven't been able to do that since before the injury.

I'm the first to admit that I'm not fast. I'm not fast by any stretch of the imagination. With that being said, I'm lucky that Disney is a very forgiving race as far as pace requirements go. So at this point the main goal is to add up the miles. My next goal is to be able to run a 10K in two weeks. I feel great after running 4 today so I'll easily be able to go 6.2 in two weeks.

Doing the math, I'll be able to add 2 miles to each long run each week and still have a week of rest before the race. It's a tough training schedule.... But I have to start making up lost time somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment