Sunday, July 29, 2012

Crushed

 
 Today I beat almost every personal record I've ever made. I know. I'm awesome. I ran 2 miles straight and I ran a total distance of 7 miles in 1:41:27. Pretty fabulous. I know. 

Let me break down the awesomeness for you.
  • 2 mile record: Broken. 
  • 3 mile record: Broken.
  • 5 mile record: Broken.
  • 6 mile record: Broken.
  • Overall distance record: Broken.
 That's a lot of personal bests smashed out on the trail today.

I also did something else new today. I learned that I should be fueling myself every 45 minutes during a run so I decided to try one of the many fuel packs that =PR= stores sell. Is it the tastiest stuff in the world? Not really. Is it helpful? Yeah. It kept my stomach from growling out there this morning.

Even though I was properly fueled and riding on an accomplishment high, the sight of these red umbrellas is enough to make a runner cry. When these bright red finish flags show up on the horizon, I begin to tear up and sprint to the finish.


I also may have congratulated myself with a slurppee afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment