Thursday, July 19, 2012

What We Have Here is a Failure to Communicate

So Meghan and I decided to try out the track work out meet up today. The Potomac River training programs meet on Thursday evenings to run at various high schools in the area. So I show up for the first time today in Ashburn while Meghan decided to go to Reston. I guess we somehow didn't get the message out about which school to go to... oh well.

So how was the track work out? Fairly sucky. There are a lot of really fast people out there and then there's me. It really makes you feel like the slowest person on earth. It also makes you feel pretty dumb because the coaches throw out terms and numbers that I only vaguely understand.

I have to remind myself that I'm only out there to finish. I'm only there to get that 16 minute pace for 13.1 miles. Meanwhile I'm watching people run 6 minute miles. One thing I have come to learn is that I can walk an awful lot and still get under 16 minutes per mile. The only thing I have to worry about now is keeping that up for 13 miles.

So over all, I didn't like the track workout. I would have much rather just gotten out and ran/walked for as far as I could.

Shooting for 6 miles Sunday. Hoping to do it in 90 minutes. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment