Sunday, July 22, 2012

Tails I've Seen on the Trail

So I've seen quite a few animals in my few months on the trail. So I thought I'd share them all with you dear readers.

  1. Horses and cows - These are a given in Loudoun County
  2. Two chipmunks - One seen on the eastern side of Ashburn, one on the west. I like to think one is Chip, the other is Dale
  3. A deer - Ran in front of me about 100 yards ahead.
  4. Two Turtles - One hanging out on the side, the other trying to cross.
  5. A beaver - I saw a beaver today. Yes I'm sure it wasn't a groundhog. He was swimming in creek in Ashburn and had a very flat tail. 
As I was mentally making a list of all the tails I've seen, I was getting my own tail down the trail. Today I made a personal mileage record. I ran 6 miles in 1:30:38. That's a 15:06 mile.

Yup. I'm pretty proud.

In other news, I've officially registered myself for the Disney Half Marathon in January.   I'm really going to do it. And I've already decided I'm going to wear my finishers medal for at least a week after the race.

Admit it. You'd do it do.

171 days to train!

No comments:

Post a Comment