Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hills

Today's itinerary:
  • 45-50 secs run up hill hard. 
  • Turn, and immediately run hard back down. 
  • 1 minute recovery
  • Repeat 6-8 times
Sounds easy.

Its not.  It may have been a quick 20 minute workout but it was really difficlut. Sprinting up that hill though gave me a great pace. I ran 1.36 miles (all hill mind you) in 20 minutes. That gave me a pace of 14:49. I decided to run 7 intervals though the last one wasn't exactly sprinting.

It seems like day by day as I slowly inch closer to marathon weekend I'm getting more and more excited about it. The race is still months away but I know I'll be ready for it way before then. Joining the distance training program has really pushed me to reach new distances and do things I never saw myself doing before. 162 days to go! But who's counting?

Now it's time to recover from kicking that hill's ass 7 times. So what am I doing with the rest of my evening?

Reading a magazine and watching the Olympics of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment