Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Heat of the Moment

No track run today. Instead I went out on my own and ran the track workout on the trail.

Today's Itinerary:
  • Run 1 mile
  • Walk 3 minutes
  • Run 1/2 mile
  • Walk 3 minutes
  • Run 1/2 mile
  • Walk 3 minutes
  • Run 1/4 mile
  • Walk 3 minutes
  • (Repeat 1/4 interval 3 times)
Wow. That's a mouthful. How did I remember all of that during my run?

 Well, It was written on my hand before the humidity got to it. When I left the house a little after 7 PM the heat index was still over 100. It made for a hot sticky run but it was still better than if I ran out on the track.

The trail is much shadier than the track. Today I went 4 miles in 59:11. Pace of 14:47. Not too bad. Its not as well as I have done in previous 4 mile runs but it was also disgusting out. That's my excuse because today I feel like I have one. I may need to invest in a fuel belt soon to stay properly hydrated during these long runs. Going for 7 miles Sunday!

And keeping with today's heat theme, here's something extra for you loyal readers:


No comments:

Post a Comment