Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pumped Up Kicks

Meet my old shoes. They've lasted me for a quite a few months and I have basically learned to run in them. They've treated me well enough. But now after rubbing blisters and giving me ankle and knee issues, it's time to move on. I love you old shoes. But I've found someone new.

They are far more sexy and supposedly they will help my knee and my ankle. Also, I've now been told that my old shoes were half a size too small, hence the reason behind the blister.

They are very bright. I think that neon colors help you run faster. But I may have to continue my research on that. Its also nice that they are Nike+ ready so I don't have to wear the chip on my laces anymore.

So how did they do? Well today I got to give them a spin on the trail. I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with the results. I ran 5 miles in 1:16:37. That's a 15:27 pace! Its a hell of a lot better than last week's 5 mile run.

So far I'm still sore from the workout so I'll have to get back to you on how much they help my knee issues.

So until then readers, if you're looking for me on the trail, I'll be the chick with the pumped up kicks.


No comments:

Post a Comment