Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dread the Treadmill

So just before today's run I walked outside to see this:




Rather ominous clouds along with thunder and lightning.

And although it never actually rained I'm glad I decided to go across town to borrow my parents treadmill.


This thing is the biggest pain in the ass for a now seasoned trail runner. So many buttons and  I don't deal with speed in terms of miles per hour. I've become so much more accustomed to dealing in terms of minute/mile pacing. I run a 12 minute mile. This I know. Now I had to figure out how many MPH that translates to. After playing with it for about a mile, I figured out that its about 5mph.

After all of the button pushing and exploring, I ended up running 4 miles in 57:26. That's a pace of 14:21. Not bad for a treadmill workout.

I even may have watched a few episodes of Futurama on my phone while I ran....



No comments:

Post a Comment