Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Bird

As I was running today a bird fell out of it's nest and landed dead on the trail. So after the initial shock and heart break wore off, I had had two and a half miles to contemplate. This bird had reached its end by seemingly natural causes. His passing made room for other birds to grow and to flurish.

Now I feel that perhaps an end has come to a time in my life. I think it's my turn to go forth and do something new. I'm not sure what that new thing will be yet but I know it's coming.

After the bird died, and my shoes became untied 3 times over the course of a mile, I was finally able to run the rest incident free. I ran 3 miles in 44:13. Pace of 14:44. I want to be much faster for my 5K come Sunday. The only thing stopping me is myself.

Another goal for myself: Beat the streetlights


I ran a little to late today. As the days get shorter I'll have to figure our how to make the best out of the short daylight hours. But I have another month or two to figure that all out. Until then, I have more pressing matters to turn to. Wish me luck dear readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment