Sunday, August 5, 2012

Nerves

Today I learned an important lesson in hydration. You must sip water as you run. Never gulp. Taking in large gulps of water will cause an upset stomach fairly quickly. Go ahead. Ask me how I know.

In other news, I ran 8 miles in 2:02:04. That's a 15:15 pace. I started out really well and felt great until I hit a mental wall around mile 6. This is when my pace started really slowing down.

As we've been getting up there in mileage I find myself getting nervous Saturday evening. As we were walking to the trail this morning I was chatting with a man who was heading out for 14 miles today. He said that this would be his personal distance record. He's run five 13.1 races and he was nervous for 14.

At least now I know its perfectly normal to be nervous the night before a long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment