Sunday, May 27, 2012

Get Along Lil' Doggie!

It was early this Sunday morning and everyone and their dogs were out hitting the trail! Including Dolce, Meghan and I.

I made a promise to you blogger world. I know I said that the next time I made that run that I'd smash it. Rain sort of delayed that but there were no excuses today. I repeated the week 5, day 1 of our 13 week program and I did it! I may have been slower than Meghan but I ran the entire time of every interval that I needed to and that makes me awesome.

Lets look back loyal followers to about two weeks ago when 5 minutes felt like the longest moments of my life. Those hills in Locust Grove kicked my ass and it brought me to tears. I began to wonder if it was even worth it. Today, 5 minutes was the short run! I'm so excited that I was able to finish and I didn't feel like I was going to fall over.

I got to borrow Dolce from the last run and I have to say, that little spit fire can pull! When I return from Hawaii I may have to borrow her for another interval or two.

Today's Itinerary:
  • Run 5 minutes
  • Walk 3 minutes
  • Run 6 minutes
  • Walk 3 minutes
  • Run 5 minutes
  • Be awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment