Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Testing! Testing! Is This Thing Working?

I bought new insoles for my shoes They were not cheap but I think they were worth it. Midway through my run Saturday I noticed that I kept rolling my feet inwards. So since I had some money I thought I'd see what Potomac River Running Store had to offer me. I ended up getting these and this was my first run using them. Click here if you want to check them out.

So how did they do? Well my feet didn't roll. I also certainly feel a lot more support in my arches which should help with any shin splints. I think I had my shoes too tight though because I ended up rubbing a blister and my toes fell asleep in my right shoe. I guess we'll try again Thursday and we'll see how they go. Good thing they have a 60 day guarantee!

Over all today's work out had it's ups and downs. I was able to go through the first 5 minute run and even powered through the 6 minute run! After that though I started loosing it. The last 5 minute interval I was able to run and walk it.

Today's Itinerary:
  • Run 5 minutes
  • Walk 3 minutes
  • Run 6 minutes
  • Walk 3 minutes
  • Run 5 minutes
I'll be trying this one again on Thursday. Hopefully by then my allergies will have subsided some and I can take a proper deep breath without wheezing. So here is my pledge to you blogger world: I will run every interval on Thursday. I will not wuss out on you! I WILL NOT GIVE UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment