Thursday, May 10, 2012

Happy Birthday!

It's my mom's birthday. So happy birthday Mommy! :)

In other news... I RAN 5 MINUTES TODAY! I know it seems silly to most of you but its a pretty big deal for me. Having come from not being able to run 20 seconds to running for 5 minutes is really thrilling for me. I even ran it solo today and didn't wimp out. And yes, I'd tell you if I couldn't do it. One of the reasons why I started this whole blog thing was so I could look back on it in 6 months and just laugh. I'm hoping I'll be way more awesome by then!

Usually Megan and I have been using her couch to 10K program which is an iPhone app. I however have an android and there's nothing on the market that matches hers. I wanted to keep up with the program together so we're running the same runs on the same days even if we're not physically doing it together. So as you can imagine it can be a little difficult to run the right intervals when I'm on my own. And to add on top of all of that my phone has been doing some silly stuff and it shut itself off on my last run interval... But I'm pretty sure I kept it close.. I could be wrong though...

Even though I didn't have Megan or Dolce to push me, I did it and I'm super proud! I have to say a special thank you to Megan because I know if I were still doing this on my own, I wouldn't have nearly as much drive as I do now. I've been looking at my tracked runs over the last two weeks and each time they've gotten a little longer and my pace has gone down a little shorter. Even if my measurements are off... It's still awesome. 

Also:
It was freaking gorgeous outside. So where the hell is everyone?


Today's Itinerary:
  • Run 3 minutes
  • Walk 2 minutes
  • Run 5 minutes
  • Walk 3 minutes
  • Run 5 minutes
  • Walk 3 minutes
  • Run 3 minutes
  • Walk 2 minutes
    Sign on the old train station at the end of the trail

2 comments: